Regional, Remote and Rural Community
In consultation with National Rural Health Alliance, Rare Voices Australia (RVA) developed an online collection of helpful links to support people who have rare diseases and live in regional, rural, or remote places in Australia. You can find this at Rare Disease Resources for Regional, Rural and Remote Communities via RVA’s Online Education Portal.
This collection is intended to help multicultural people living with a rare disease. The collection:
- Gives people a place to start learning.
- Makes it easier for people to get the help they may need.
For more information on other services and resources relevant to all Australians living with a rare disease, please visit the State and National Services pages on the RARE Portal.
To complement this collection, RVA developed a webinar entitled, RVA Education: Developing the ‘Rare Disease Resources for the Regional, Rural, and Remote Community’ Collection. This webinar covers:
- The National Strategic Action Plan for Rare Diseases and Priority Populations.
- Introducing the New ‘Rare Disease Resources for the Regional, Rural, and Remote Community’ Webpage, and the Reasoning and Development Process for the Project.
- Collaboration with Stakeholders.
- Creating the Collection Webpage, Health Literacy and Accessibility.
- Lessons Learned from the Development of This Collection.
- How You Can Help.
Who Is This Webinar For?
The webinar is intended for peak bodies, organisations, and health care professionals who work with the regional, rural, and remote community, RVA’s Partner groups/organisations, and rare disease groups/organisations.
How to Access These Resources
These resources have been developed as part of the collaborative implementation of the Australian Government’s National Strategic Action Plan for Rare Disease.